Monday 7 September 2015

Naryn - exceeding expectations

Day 37 316 Km ( 11432 Km total)

 

A nice ride into Naryn, a town with no accommodation to speak of apparently - wrong, found a very nice hotel for our last night in 'civilisation'

- - -

 

The day started with some dodgy roads, not difficult really but I'm still a bit nervous after my tumble in Kazakhstan & my left hand is still painful, somits slow & steady for me.

No crash barriers here, more of a crash slope!
 
 

Lots of beautiful scenery

 

Very remore living for the hardy locals

Quite a lot of heavy traffic heading to & from the chinese border. Biggets problem for the motorcyclist is the dust clouds they create

Yup - still here & still smiling

Then the roads improved to match the scenery - wonderful
 
A 2000m high lake
 
 
Collecting the harvest
 
Arrived at the Khan Tegrin Hotel in Naryn, what a nice surprise - lovely rooms, great restaurant & decent surroundings for £15 per night!
Met up with Alan, who I had last seen in Tbilisi, Georgia.
The two Tigers enjoyed a catch up too!

Tomorrow night we are staying in a yurt camp near the Torugart pass and then its into China. The China crossing will take 25 days and then into Laos.

China unfortunately blocks access to Facebook, gmail & blogger, so keeping the blog up to date will be tricky. I have a few things I intend to try to get around this, but please bear with me if there are delays.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment