Sunday 13 December 2015

Anyone seen a Tiger?


Saturday 12th December - Trying not to Panic!

-----


After watching my Tiger being carefully packed into a wooden crate, I set off for the airport & 22 hours later was sat at home in the UK breathing cool fresh air & having a cup of tea.
That was about 6 weeks ago. Since then I've been twiddling my thumbs (well apart from some work, DIY, family outings & Xmas shopping) and waiting for the bike to arrive.
Excitement mounted a week ago, when I received a communication that the ship was due to dock shortly, detailing the container number, a website to track progress .... and a bill for £280 port handling fees :-(
The Tiger was apparently in a container on the NYK Helios just entering the English Channel, having transhipped from a regional boat in Singapore.


I checked the status update website each day until eventually I saw that the ship was finally in dock.


Following off loading, 'my' container was then destined to be moved to a handling wahehouse, unpacked and the various items customs cleared. My bike would then be available for collection, all being well.

Unfortunately, all was not well!!

The container was unloaded on schedule & moved to the clearance warehouse for unpacking, or devanning as it is apparently known.  However, that evening, I received an email from the handling agents to say that, 

'upon devanning it was found that the cargo in the container did not match the manifest'

... my crate was not there, even though the paperwork said it was ...WTF!  No explanation was given or further information available, an investigation was promised after the weekend.

So at the time of writing, the Tiger is missing!
 Fingers crossed they find her soon.
:-(







1 comment:

  1. Hope it is found soon. I am considering doing the same journey from Burnley Lancs to Chiang Mai and would hope to obtain some usefull info from yourself including a good shipping agent. Hope to read soon that the Tiger is safe and well and not needing any vetinary attention.Les Hargreaves

    ReplyDelete