Saturday 12 December 2015

Shipping the Tiger

Thursday 22nd October


Shipping the Tiger

------


My last task before heading home was to take the bike for packing.   So I loaded up for the last time this trip & set off for the shipping warehouse.



Once at the packing agents, they started to build a crate around my bike, beginning with the base.



I rode the Tiger into this and then proceeded to remove the front wheel so that the bike would sit lower and take up less space - shipping is paid for by the cubic metre rather than weight.


Four Thai lads kindly lifted the front of the bike so I could remove the wheel and then lowered it to the floor.   I did wonder for a moment how I was going to reverse this process once home, willing Thai helpers tend to be quite rare in the UK!



Wheel, panniers, screen & mirrors removed and stashed, they then proceded to stretch wrap the entire package, almost including this little chap.



Next step was to build sides for the crate ....



..... strengthening supports 



... and finally the top itself 




And that was it, its off to the airport for me. 


Next time I see the Tiger will be in about 6-7 weeks time when it will be about 30 degrees cooler and most probably raining. Ah well all good things ....


No comments:

Post a Comment