Tuesday 14 May 2019

12th May - Hook of Holland to the Black Forest

My first day over the channel was always going to be a bit of a drag, the main objective being to cover some distance and get to the Black Forest area, hence using the overnight ferry to Holland.
The choice of Black Forest as the first stop was inspired by a mate who had originally considered doing this first bit with me.  I had never been and so decided to wiz through anyway and see if it was worth a second longer visit some other time.
Its certainly a lovely area and, as I neared Baden-Baden and the famed B500, the 400 mile dash from the port faded into a distant memory and I went in search of a campsite.
Camping Herrenweiss is in a very quiet spot just off the B500 south of Baden Baden.  Its a small family run site and I was the only ‘camper in the village’.  Tent up, I headed off towards the village where there was apparently a small restaurant / bar.
Something told me I’d made a wise choice.... 
And there it was, the end of day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment