Wednesday 5 August 2015

In search of a pizza

Day 5 - 418km (1919km total)

Started the day with a brew up - cant beat milo for a quick pick me up.

And then headed off up the road towards the Italian border, lovely scenery & weather this morning.
It was a case of a new fantastic view at every turn.
It was so nice it even prompted me to take 'selfie' - note the ski-lift in the background, the snow is a bit higher up at this time of year though.
Some of the roads had a rather strange camber to them!
I soon crossed the Italian border, no formalities here of course.
Then it was the start of a long & twisty downhill section.
Some went left....
Some went right ...
And some just had bits of plastic to stop you going over the edge!
There was a whole series of tunnels, I lost count ... Amazing amount of engineering work.
But as a consequence, It was'nt long before the mountains gave way to plains, and the twisty roads to toll roads .... Ah well, 'all good things' as they say.
2 1/2 boring, extremely hot hours of toll roads later, I headed into the village of Montorio, not far from Verona to find the homestay I had booked for the night.
Good choice, very peaceful & quiet.
B&B only, so walked into the village and had my first real Italian pizza ...
And cappuccino ...
And then the owner wanted me to have some of his home made limonecello ....

Time for bed ... Slovenia tomorrow.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment