Saturday 1 August 2015

Off to the Ferry ...

Day 1 - 346km to Newhaven Port

An uneventful, windy & somewhat boring ride down the motorways to the south coast. Highlights were popping in to see my youngest son's new home in Uxbridge for a welcome cuppa & then onto my eldest son's new house in Newick. A fine meal of sausage & mash with essex/yorkshire puds from Dani & Peter concluded the day nicely :-)

A short ride to the ferry follwed that evening to find I was the only bike on board for that night's sailing

Tiger safely bedded down I settled into my own space & was very glad I Had opted ro upgrade & get a cabinfor the night crossing - little bit of extravagance does'nt hurt from time to time.

Right at the bow of the boat I also had a good view as we backed out of the port & headed for france.

Day 1 done.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment