Monday 3 August 2015

To the Auvergne

Day 3 344km (1118km total)

Was sleeping too soundly at chez Ian's so up a bit late this morning, but just in time for a great breakfast of croissants, chocolate au pain, coffee & fruit juice. Then I did a few rounds of pack & repack - must get this routime sorted!

By 11ish I was on my way into a very hot & dry Loire region.

The first few hours were not very interesting, just long straight flat roads with lots of traffic. Stopped for a sandwich & frittes at a truck stop, after whcih things started to look more scenic.

Once I entered the Auvergne region, the roads hot distinctly better, pity I was a bit too hot & tired to enjoy it fully

Destination tonight a campsite in the region, found a quiet spot away from the screaming kids and savoured a local beverage or two.

Rain is forecast for the morning, so it might be a wet start. Next destination in the mountains near tHeItalian border.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Looking good.Beers & sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if only my tent had air conditioning ;-)

      Delete