Tuesday 4 August 2015

Wet start but happy ending!

Day 4 382km (1500km total)

Well the forecast was accurate, it started raining about 4am and just continued relentlessly throughout the morning. So I quickly had to learn the art of packing everything inside the tent, packing the inner tent, loading the bike and lastly taking down & packing the flysheet. Pretty sucessful manoever really, though I was still soaked afterwards!

I rode away from the campsite in driving rain, and so switched the satnav to "use motorways" and headed for the nearest toll road, figuring I would cover some ground whilst it was wet and stick to well cared for roads. An uneventful couple of hours followed, but at least the toll roads have facilties every so often so fuel & coffee were not an issue.

Its amazing what a difference to the climate and terrain an hour or so on the toll roads and a few tunnels can make. Before too long the weather improved & so did the scenery.

 

Time to leave the toll roads and head up into those hills. :-)

That's more like it!

Finally I saw the sign for my target tonight, just a few miles from the Italian border.

 

And before long the tent was up and I even had chance to Improise a washing line & do some washing - so domesticated!

The camp site is in a nice little spot close by a mountain stream, very peaceful.

Forecast for tomorrow is sunny, which is good as I am looking forward to the twisty mountain pass over into Italy.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment