Thursday 18 May 2017

Wednesday 17th May - To the start of the high Atlas - 212km (trip total 3636km)

My plan had been to spend the morning looking around the waterfall, so today was a shorter run into the foothills of the High Atlas mountains.

Before setting off, we had a stroll down to see the waterfall in the morning light and to try and find the monkeys who were distictly absent the previous evening.


The monkey's, whilst present this morning were not wanting to be photographed it seemed; one turned her head away and the other, well, 'mooned' at me - how very rude!


The donkey that was outside our Riad, was much more obliging - so I decided I would only photo donkey's for the rest of the day in his honour.


Heading off from Ouzoud it was'nt long before we were out of the twisty gorge roads and back into the hot plains - complete with a donkey carrying straw - so 'snap!'



And then a bit later there was another one carrying a man and his shopping ... 'snap!'



The next donkeys I saw must have been a bit malnourished judging from their size .... 'snap!'



I was distracted from donkey spotting by some decent roads that suddenly seemed to appear from nowehere....



There was also quite a bit of local farming activity going on ...



And at a petrol stop I was amused by how the garage owner had covered his pride & joy to protect the paintwork - shame about the rest of it!


At road junctions you often see this bag swapping dance gong on - I think they are taxi's


Local town life is always interesting ...



Complete with posh donkeys!....


Then it was more fun roads into the foothills and leading up to our lodgings for the night.


No photos of the lodgings and surrounding area, which were actually quite nice, but the photo snapping mood left me after I tuned into the internet and received the second piece of sad news this trip.

The day I left the UK I learned that a fellow SSBB bloodbiker had sadly just passed away after courageously fighting an illness for a year, then today there was a message that another SSBB bloodbiker I knew well had just died. So being too far away to contribute directly, I decided that tomorrow's planned ride up the Tizi n'test pass would be dedicated to NB & MH.


No comments:

Post a Comment